Spring the sensational is almost here, and if you haven’t already, it’s time to start prepping and pampering your pretty skin. To maintain a healthy and gorgeous complexion, tender, loving care an consistency is definitely the key. What you put on is what you’ll get out. Skintastic spring skin is always a win.
Here are 8 simple tips that will help you get your skin gorgeous and glowing this spring.
- Exfoliate your body with a salt or sugar scrub to slosh away dead skin cells and reveal beautiful, glowing skin. My choice, Dixie Bits’ Sweet Sugar Darlin Scrub. It’s my spring and summer skin sensation in a jar.
- Apply SPF of 3o or wear a broad rim hat to help protect your face from UV damage, especially if you’re using retinoids and chemical peels with glycolic acid, which tend to attract the sun’s rays. My favorite summer hats are the panama: they offer style and practicality and of course some sun protection.
- Hydrate your skin from the inside by drinking lots of water. The suggested amount is 8 glasses.
- Eat healthy and balanced meals. Be sure to include lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise at least 3 days out of the week. Even slow walking helps. Perhaps use the stairs instead of the elevator at work. Increased oxygen to your cells will nourish and refresh you skin cells.
- Sleep well. Cell repair and tissue rejuvenation requires rest. Try to get 6 to 8 hours of sleep per night. Your skin will thank you.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from UVA and UVB damage. In addition, wearing sunglasses prevents squinting, which leads to fine lines and wrinkles. As a rule, I never, ever leave the house without my sunglasses.
- Pamper your pretty feet and hands. It always feels good to get a great manicure and pedicure.
How do you spring your skin?
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, health and wellbeing consultant and Qigong instructor. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of Inside Outer Beauty Market, a multi-cultutal retailer curating and creating products to support the body inside and out. Visit the site at www.iobeautymarket.com