Though the liver does an amazing job detoxifying the blood it oftentimes needs extra support due to the toxicant and toxic overload it experiences. Think of all the products we put on and in our bodies that contain toxicants, all the environmental toxicants we’re exposed to and all the body’s own toxins it produces. The liver is like a jam-packed highway. It’s on overload.
Ways to support your liver include consistently consuming cruciferous (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.) veggies; fruits, grains, and minerals that support phase 1 and 2 of the liver detoxification process. Also, try occasional detoxes via green juices or supplements.
Enjoy this love your liver creamy detox soup recipe.
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 head of broccoli
- 5-6 kale leaves
- 1 small onion
- 3 pegs of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger (optional)
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 4-5 celery stalks
- Organic coconut oil
- 2 chive branches
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp to black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a cooking pan on medium heat.
- Add ingredients starting with onions, chive, and garlic. Stir for 3 minutes
- Add other ingredients
- Cover the pan and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and add water to the blender
- Scoop soften vegetables into Vitamix or another type of blender
- Squeeze lemon into the mix
- Blend until creamy
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, certified health coach and entrepreneur. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo, Redbook, Natural Health, Instyle, Working Woman, Huffington Post, Essence Online, Tampa Tribune and more. She is currently the Chief Self-care Connoisseur and founder of I. O. Beauty Market, where she curates products that are free of toxic, harmful ingredients.