Rupert Brooke said, a kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years. I’d say, that’s the fountain of youth right there. If you’re a kisser or love kissing don’t stop. keep on kissing. You’re doing yourself a healthy favor.
However, if you’re lacking in the kissing department, you might want to consider up-leveling your kissing game. Studies have shown that kissing has incredible health benefits, and if you indulge more, you’re likely to reap those benefits as well.
Check out these healthy perks that are promoted by kissing:
- Stress less. Yes. Kissing is a known stress reliever. When you kiss passionately, your body lowers the stress hormone, cortisol, thus, relieving built up tension and anxiety.
- Kissing can ease your pain. It’s said that the endorphins produced by kissing are 200 times more powerful than morphine. Pow!
- Speed up your metabolism. It won’t hurt to feel pleasure and lose a little weight while you’re at it. kissing apparently burns calories. and can double your metabolic rate. Studies have claimed that three passionate kisses per day can cause you to lose one pound. Let’s see, 3 passionate kisses per day X 5 days, that’s 5 pounds. It’s worth a try, wouldn’t you say?
- It’s a great compatibility scale. Kissing tells you a lot about the person you might be considering as a life-long partner. Is there an attraction that’s worth pursuing?
- It conquers chaos. Kissing releases the hormone oxytocin (the love hormone), which has a calming and peaceful effect on the body.
- It decreases blood pressure. Kissing causes the blood vessels to dilate, which in turn can lower your blood pressure.
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, health and wellbeing consultant and Qigong instructor. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of Inside Outer Beauty Market, a multi-cultutal retailer curating and creating products to support the body inside and out. Visit the site at www.iobeautymarket.com