Sensitive skin is usually prone to allergic reactions. Cosmetic ingredients, food, household product ingredients, changes in temperature, and detergents can all cause breakouts, rashes, redness, and blotchiness.
Try the following to protect your skin and maintain a gorgeous glow:
- Use a gentle or mild cleanser.
- Avoid deodorant and fragrant cleansers.
- Do not use rough towels, and, instead of rubbing, pat the skin dry after cleansing.
- Avoid products that contain know allergens like, PABA sunscreens or fragrance. (See EWG’s Skin Deep database)
- Always, always test makeup and fragrances on a small area of the skin before application.
- Use a sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 20 or more.
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, certified health coach and entrepreneur. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo, Redbook, Natural Health, Instyle, Working Woman, Huffington Post, Essence Online, Tampa Tribune and more. She is currently the Chief Self-care Connoisseur and founder of I. O. Beauty Market, where she curates products that are free of toxic, harmful ingredients.