This is the skin type we all wish we had; normal or what I like to call the “ideal skin type.” Some people don’t like the term “normal” because it implies that the other skin types are abnormal, but please know that it’s not the individual that’s abnormal, rather, it’s the biological processes.
In this case, “normal” refers to skin devoid of issues like acne, rosacea, whiteheads, blackheads, cystic acne, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, etc. But fear not, with consistent effort, normal skin is attainable, even for those of us who are prone to different types of acne.
Normal skin is the least problematic of the skin types. It is characterized by very tiny pores, is smooth in texture, even toned, blemish free and very healthy. Indeed, you are one of the lucky ones if you possess this skin type. Though no unique care is required, it does not mean you should neglect your skins care needs. Remember, what genetics did not give to you, the polluted environment can.
- Cleanse with a mild soap and warm water.
- Use a mild toner.
- Use a mild, oil-based moisturizer under your makeup to maintain skin’s moisture.
- Hydrate your skin from the inside by drinking lots of water.
- Apply sunscreen while outdoors.
- Exfoliating works wonders. Use a body scrub and facial scrub, which can wash away dead skin cells from your body.
- Indulge in oil baths. Simply add a few drops of Jojoba oil or Flaxseed oil to your bath water. You can also purchase an oil based body wash.
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, certified health coach and entrepreneur. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of I. O. Beauty Market, where she curates products that are free of harmful toxicants. Using 6 pillars, she helps women live beautiful lives inside and out. www.iobeautymarket.com