Perimenopause or menopause can wreak havoc on a woman’s physical and emotional wellbeing. And the symptoms can start as early as the 30s. Luckily, there are a host of ways to treat the not-s0-sexy power surges and other symptoms that come along with with this natural aging process.
Long know for their healing properties, and used by the Egyptians, Greeks, in Ayurveda medicine, and even mentioned in the Bible, essential oils enhances body, mind and spirit. Therefore, adding essential oils to your menopausal arsenal will do your aging body a world of good.
Here are 5 essential oils to help along your journey:
1. Clary sage: Not so sweet smelling, but it does a great job at calming and relaxing the mind.
2. Roman Chamomile: will bring you peace with it’s sedative effects.
3. Ylang ylang: is a soothing oil that fosters peace.
4. Bergomat: Is a soothing oil that promotes restful and relaxing sleep
5. Lavender: adored by the Greeks and Romans, this calming oil is said to calm untamed lions and tigers. It induces peace and alleviates depression.
You can also use synergistic blends, which is a combination of two or more oils to maximize healing effects. Below are two effective blends.
Blend 1: Use during times of estrogen dominance
♦ 4 drops of Roman Chamomile
♦ 4 drops of lavender
♦ 2 drops of Clary Sage
Blend 2: Used to uplift when hormones are imbalanced and you’re feeling stressed.
♦ 3 drops of bergomat
♦ 2 drops of lavendar
♦ 2 drops of ylang ylang
To use: Add 8 to 10 drops of essential oils in a diffuser, which you can purchase at your local, natural health food store.
Note***Avoid putting essential oils directly on your skin.
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, health and wellbeing consultant and Qigong instructor. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of Inside Outer Beauty Market, a multi-cultutal retailer curating and creating products to support the body inside and out. Visit the site at www.iobeautymarket.com