Nowhere in my 43 year old body do I feel anything less than fabulous. And you better believe you are fabulous too. Let no one tell you anything different. So, cheers to forty plus and fabulous.
In this, the twenty-first century, turning forty is not the beginning of being seen and not heard. Get that thought out of your head. Rather, it should be the beginning or the continuation of a beautiful, free, mature, sexy, enriched, awakened life, and so much more. At least that’s what it is for me. Gone are the mundane days of 9 – 5 and the tug of war with my intuition that kept whispering, “girl you better get up and get.” Thank you God. I got up and got risky. I got scared. I got doubtful. I got faithful, I got floored and I got FREE.
For me, being fabulous means having a host of qualities that you admire about your self.
So why am I so fabulous? Why are you so fabulous? Here are some of my reasons.
- I’m a child of God, who created all things fabulous.
- I started a brand new career after 40.
- I try my beast to eat healthy.
- I love red lipstick. I wear it day and night.
- I walk my talk.
- I’m not perfect.
- I’m learning every day.
- I’m enlightened every day.
- I admit to my wrongdoing.
- I’ve learned to forgive.
- I’m a darn good mother. Regardless of what others may think or say.
- I’m working on overcoming my fears whenever they pop up.
- I’m closer to God.
- I worship God, no one or anything else.
- I love dressing up. I just do.
- I’m a teacher.
- I’ve increased my spirituality.
- I pray more.
- I listen more.
- I love life.
- I love heels.
- I wear make up.
- I dress fabulously.
- I invest in my self care. Big time.
- I wear inexpensive clothes and look good wearing them.
- I am Kind. I am generous. I am thankful.
- I am learning to be patient.
- I don’t hold grudges.
- I can shake shit off.
- I do what I say i’m going to do.
- I’m an author.
- I’m a mother.
- My beauty begins on the inside.
- I’m a wife.
- I love my grandmother to infinity. I’ll do anything for her.
- I graciously accept compliments.
- I love to learn.
- Do I need to go on? I know. I don’t. You.
- I’ll listen to advice from anyone who give it.
- I love and appreciate my mother.
- Sometimes I a coward.
- I love this world. It is my home.
- I suffer from wanderlust.
I can go on and on. There are so many reasons why I know i’m fabulous. I know you must be thinking, “how vain of her.” But, it’s not vanity that allows me to speak so highly, kindly and honestly about myself. It is maturity and confidence, qualities I didn’t always fully possess. But now I do.
So what about you? What makes you fabulous?
Cheers to forty-somethig and fabulous
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, health and wellbeing consultant and Qigong instructor. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of Inside Outer Beauty Market, a multi-cultutal retailer curating and creating products to support the body inside and out. Visit the site at www.iobeautymarket.com