The avocado fruit is known by several names, including zaboca, butter fruit and alligator pear. It also happens to be loaded with vitamins and minerals, which includes, A, B1, B2, D, E, K, calcium, copper, magnesium, protein, lecithin, and fatty acids. Clearly it provides great sustenance for the body. Aside from eating it, another awesome way to reap the healthy benefits is by making and applying avocado facial masks. It is especially beneficial for dry, wrinkled and damaged skin or scalp. Here’s a quick and easy avocado, facial mask recipe.
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1tsp of Grapefruit Juice
Preparation and Use
- Cut the Avocado and remove the seed.
- Grapefruit juice
- Mash it until it’s mushy. Clean your face and neck. Use either your fingers of a flat makeup brush and apply the squashed Avocado over your entire face and neck. (keep away from the eye area).
- Sit with the mask for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a moisturizer to retain the water.
***Other ingredients you can use in an Avocado mask include, honey, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, egg yolk and olive oil***
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, health and wellbeing consultant and Qigong instructor. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of Inside Outer Beauty Market, a multi-cultutal retailer curating and creating products to support the body inside and out. Visit the site at www.iobeautymarket.com