An Inside Outer Beauty Note
Dear Beautiful Friends,
I hope you’re all staying safe and doing well during this COVID-19 crisis. Your well being is extremely important to us. Our store has been closed since March 10th, and we’ll continue to stay closed until it’s safe to reopen. We will continue to process online orders as efficiently as we possibly can. Unfortunately, as some of you may have noticed, we’ve sold out of some items and are not sure when they will be restocked. Given the circumstances, it’s totally understandably.
Gratitude Is A Must For Your Support.
I want to thank each and every one of you for your support, in what ever way you’re given it. You, our valued costumers are the reason we’re here. We are grateful.
6 Self-care Practices To Cultivate Calm
Take time for self. It is a source of empowerment. Always, and of course, in these moments, self-care is the practice that will amplify your wellness and allow your to support others with love, goodness and grace.
As a “self-care connoisseur” – a nickname that was assigned to me about 7 years ago, I take pride in optimizing my wellbeing, which enables me to fully show up for others. Here are some tried and trusted and a few new recommendations:
- Restorative practices: prayer, meditation, yoga, qigong, deep diaphragmatic breaths (belly breathing).
- Sustenance: load up and nourish your bodies with wholesome foods that support your organ systems and immune health. Talk to your MD, naturopath or health provider about the best supplements for support. Important vitamins include D3, Bs, VitC. Natural supplements include: elderberry, oregano oil, colloidal silver. *Be sure to consult a professional about these herbs to know if they are right for you.
- Hydrate: water is life. It’s fundamental for health and wellbeing. It regulates body temperature, lubricates joints, optimize skin and scalp health, creates a cushion for the brain and spinal cord, maintains blood pressure and much more.
- Get some fresh air: open the windows and let some fresh air inside the home, use a humidifier, pull back the drapes and let the sunshine in. Get on your porch or balcony and soak up some sun.
- Recreation: stay in the know, but don’t get sucked into the news all day. Make time for some fun in your home. Play some board games or some video games or get a Tik Toc account. I’ve learned a few dances and had some big laughs. It’s fun. Enjoy Karaoke. Catch up on your fave books or documentary. Skypeor FaceTime family and friends. Perhaps you want to write a book. Hey, now is a great time to get started.
- Social distancing: This is so very important. It’s for all our wellbeing. If you feel sick, contact your DR. Follow the expert recommendations.
And Still We Rise
We’re being called upon to elevate our consciousness. Everyone and everything is connected. We do not exist alone. Stay safe and be well. We will survive this.
Take Great Care of You!!!
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, certified health coach and entrepreneur. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of I. O. Beauty Market, where she curates products that are free of harmful toxicants. Using 6 pillars, she helps women live beautiful lives inside and out. www.iobeautymarket.com