So many people are experts in caring for others. However, when it comes to spreading that soulful, care to self, they instantly become clumsy or inept. Do let go of the guilt. Self-care is not selfish or self-serving. It truly is not. It is necessary if you want to be in service of and support you, others or anything in this world. So in case taking care of self is not something you do.
Here are 21 soulful, self-caring quotes that will make you want to take great care of you.
- Have your own back. ~ Dr. Maya Angelo
- Rest and self-care are so important. When you take the time out to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel. ~ Eleanor Brownn
- Your relationship with self-sets the tone for every relationship you have.
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserves your love and affection ~ Budda
- I am mine before I am anyone else’. ~ In
- Do something every day that is loving toward your body and gives you to enjoy the sensations of your body ~ Golda Poretsky
- Self-Care equals success. ~ Dixie L. Nichols
- Beautiful girl, take care of yourself. No one else knows what your soul needs. ~ Aston G
- Self-Care has very little to do with your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself. ~ Tyra Banks
- Self-care is a divine responsibility. ~ Danielle Laporte
- Take time for self. It is a source of empowerment ~ Dixie L. Nichols
- If your compassion does not include youself it’s incomplete. ~ Jack Kornfield
- Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others ~ Parker Palmer
- Before anything else or anyone else, make sure you’re taking care of yourself. If you’re not treating yourself well on the inside, you will not be happy or healthy on the outside. Self-care is essential to your wellness.
- Your breathing is your greatest friend. Return to it in all your troubles and you will find comfort and guidance. ~ Unknown
- Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you. ~ Karl Lagerfeld
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. ~ Steve Jobs
- Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women. ~ Maya Angelou
- When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits – anything that kept me small. Judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving. ~ Kim McMilllen
- If you celebrate your differentness, the world will, too. It believes exactly what you tell it—through the words you use to describe yourself, the actions you take to care for yourself, and the choices you make to express yourself. Tell the world you are one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated. ~ Victoria Moran
- It does not do any good to be a run down martyr. Strive to lead by example and become a model of healthy vibrant self-care. ~ Dr. Carla Marie Greco
I hope these quotes have served as some inspiration for you to jumpstart or continue to nurture yourself before anyone else. What are some self-care quotes that inspires you to take great care of you too? We’d love to be inspired by them too.
And do share these self-caring quotes with all your friends and family.
Dixie Lincoln- Nichols is a biological science educator, health and wellbeing consultant and Qigong instructor. Her work has been featured in media outlets like, Oprah Mag, SELF, Yahoo and more. She is the founder of Inside Outer Beauty Market, a multi-cultutal retailer curating and creating products to support the body inside and out. Visit the site at www.iobeautymarket.com